Livingston, NJ (January 17, 2021) – To celebrate its 30th anniversary year, Inteplast Group plant managers chose 30 local organizations throughout North America to receive $30K in donations. This was during the same year Inteplast Group was ranked as the number one film and sheet manufacturer in the United States and Canada by Plastics News.
Group President Dr. John Young noted the importance of helping charitable agencies in communities where Inteplast facilities are located.
“Our motto throughout Inteplast is to be a good corporate citizen and this implies in our servicing the communities in which we operate our plants. Many of our colleagues are deeply engaged with their respective communities, a fact that embodies our Inteplast spirit of contributing back to the people closest to us. The 30-charity initiative has taken this spirit to a new level. Here we have our managers in each location making their own choice decisions as who they wish to support. I am delighted beyond words to see our managers embrace this program with so much enthusiasm and dedication,” he said.
Senior Director of Texas Administration Dan Martino and Administrative Assistant Crystal Janecka coordinated donation logistics with facilities throughout the company. From there, plant managers personally delivered $1,000 checks to the agencies. This local decision making led to a greater diversity in organizations.
Plant Manager Jeff Porth of Inteplast Building Products in Glendale, WI, said that the facility’s choice for its donation was the Make-A-Wish Foundation. “I felt it a great honor to represent Inteplast and to be given the decision on how to donate such a generous gift. Choosing the Make-A-Wish Foundation was easy. Providing this gift meant that a child whose illness may not allow them a tomorrow, had a wish come true today. We can do no better.”
Nirav Desai, the plant manager at Haremar in Vaughan, Ontario, said, “Our culture is reflected by our actions and giving back to the community instills a positive culture, showing that we care. The year 2021, hopefully revealed to many companies that being a leading manufacturer goes beyond sales.”
Pitt Plastics, a facility in Morrow, GA, elected to donate to Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity. Plant Manager Jeff Tallman explained that it was a learning experience for him. “They rely on volunteers and donations and were very thankful we selected them for the $1,000 donation. I learned a lot about SCHFH during our meeting. Not only do they build homes for low-income families they build communities which give people hope!”
Agencies, organizations, and charity groups that received $1,000 each to in 2021 to celebrate 30 years of manufacturing and strong community ties follows here:
- Helping Hands of Jackson County (TX)
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent (TX)
- Mid-Coast Family Services (TX)
- Feline Lifeline (SC)
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana (IN)
- Mifflin County Veterans Affair (PA)
- Milan Puskar Health Right (WV)
- Fostering Connections (KS)
- Actes de Vie of Joliette (QC)
- Autism Strong Foundation (NC)
- Guadalupe County United Way (TX)
- Jonathan’s Place (TX)
- Phoenix Rescue Mission (AZ)
- Floor Covering Industry Foundation (GA)
- ALPS Adult Day Services (TN)
- Moisson Lanaudiére Food Bank (QC)
- Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity (GA)
- Westborough Food Pantry (MA)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NH)
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace (SHP) (AZ)
- The Food Bank of York Region (ON)
- Make-A-Wish (WI)
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch #609 (ON, CA)
- Warriors Weekend (TX)
- Entr’elles Granby Inc. (QC)
- Plattsburgh Police Local 812 (NY)
- The Mat Weaver’s Ministry (OH)
- Good Neighbor Homeless Shelter (GA)
- Human Development Council (NB, CA)
- Service Dogs Alabama (AL)
About Inteplast Group
Established in 1991, Inteplast Group is a leading integrated plastics manufacturer founded on the ideal of American manufacturing. Our products support diverse markets including healthcare, foodservice, packaging, building products, grocery, retail, sanitation, industrial, and graphic arts industries. Headquartered in Livingston, N.J., Inteplast Group is now over 7,000 employees strong and operates over 50 facilities including our flagship manufacturing complex in Lolita, Texas. Our dedicated and experienced people are committed to delivering quality products and partnering with our customers to enable their success. Visit https://www.inteplast.com for more information.